Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Out and About | Chicago

We have been in Chicago.

We love Chicago - we love food.  Chicago is an excellent city
in which to eat food.  Mmmmm food!

I had read about a lovely place called Mindy's Hot Chocolate.  Mindy Segal is a James Beard
Award Outstanding Pastry Chef Nominee, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010.  Wow!

I've never met her.  I'd like to meet her.  I bet she's dreamy.


We went to Hot Chocolate to just eat dessert.  

We were seated in the lounge area.  And even though it was steamy 
hot outside, I had to try some hot chocolate.  

I'm so glad I did...





Thick and creamy dark (72% french chocolate) hot chocolate.  It came with a homemade marshmallow.

I drank all of it.  I did not share.
I was sweating.




Then we (me, husband and kids) ordered dessert.

Looky - looky!!!




This is called "Chocolate #1" 

It's a chocolate souffle with salted caramel ice cream and handmade pretzel.

My husband inhaled ate this with flourish.





This is "Warm Brioche Doughnuts"

It came with chocolate sauce and caramel corn.

This was mine.  I shared.

I ate so much my tummy hurt.  In a blissful way.

Is that possible?


The kids had ice cream with a cookie.  They were in love.
They also helped me eat my brioche goodness.

They stared as their dad ate his dessert.




If you live in and around Chicago - run there now you lucky!

If you are ever in Chicago - try it.  You'll love it!


Boots


No comments:

Post a Comment