Monday, November 1, 2010

Obsession Worthy - Soup Crockery



"Do you have a kinder, more adaptable friend in the food world than soup? Who soothes you when you are ill? Who refuses to leave you when you are impoverished and stretches its resources to give a hearty sustenance and cheer? Who warms you in the winter and cools you in the summer? Yet who also is capable of doing honor to your richest table and impressing your most demanding guests? Soup does its loyal best, no matter what undignified conditions are imposed upon it. You don't catch steak hanging around when you're poor and sick, do you?"Judith Martin (Miss Manners)



I love soup.  
I love soup in pretty, fun and cozy bowls.

Today, my obsession is soup crockery.


I'm starved for French Onion Soup.  Lobster Bisque.  Chicken Corn Chowder.
New England Clam Chowder.  Chicken and Noodle soup.  My Grandma's Bean Soup.


And I want this soup in all of these lovely bowls.


These are actually "12 days of Christmas" cereal bowls from Williams-Sonoma.
Wouldn't they be perfect for Wonton Soup or Chili?


Even a simple mug makes a lovely soup vessel.  
This is my Creamy Broccoli Soup - it's nutritious and delicious.




Seriously.  What wouldn't I put in this little covered crock. 
Leek and Potato?  Baked Potato Soup?


Oh!  How about some Matzo Ball Soup here?



What type of soup crockery is your favorite?
And what soup would you be eating right now in that soup crockery, if you could?


Longing for some French Onion Soup in a sweet handled crock,

Boots


No comments:

Post a Comment