Friday, September 3, 2010

Take in the View | Italy



September is wedding month.

Well, for me anyway.

I mentioned here that it's 10 years this month for my husband and me.
And I wanted to share some honeymoon photos.

However...they're missing.

You know when you haven't needed or wanted something for a looong time and the minute 
you decide you need it or want it - you can't locate it?

This is the situation here.  Right now.  Ugh.




Thankfully, I have been able to find the beautiful places we've been online and wanted to share. 


Ten years ago this month, we were here...


This is Bellagio, Italy.



Bellagio

We didn't see George Clooney.  He hadn't purchased a villa here yet when we were there.
Bummer.
I mean...ah, look how beautiful and quaint Bellagio is.

Bellagio on Lake Como, Italy


We stayed here while in Bellagio - Hotel Florence.  It was sooooo amazing.


We also stayed here.  The Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni.
Lovely.



Then we moved on to...
Florence.

Firenze - Santa Maria del Fiore

Duomo di Firenze - The Cathedral of Santa Maria di Fiore.

We could see the dome from our flat.  


Florence, Italy


The famous bronze Boar in Mercato Nuovo.
Rub his snout and you'll be sure to return to Florence.
Balance a coin on his nose and let it fall into the water, making a wish - it's sure to come true!



The Pointe Vecchio bridge.

It's the only bridge in Florence that the German's didn't destroy during WWII.

It's full of shops.  Jewelry, art galleries and souvenir shops.

Jewelry shops - uhh huh!
I got some gorgeous earrings on that bridge.

Pointe Vecchio


Oh Italy.  I miss you.


Boots

No comments:

Post a Comment